• September 24Follow PLPulse on Twitter -- @PLPulse

Stop, It’s Spider Time

An overview over the new PS4 exclusive Marvel game, Spider-Man.

Spider-Man+in+the+new+Marvel+Playstation+game.+
Spider-Man in the new Marvel Playstation game.

Chloe Grimm, Staff Writer

If you haven’t played it, you’ve heard about it.  

The new Spider-Man game came out earlier this month, and sorry Xbox and PC users, but the PS4-exclusive game took on the iconic hero made by Insomniac Games perfectly. It’s evident that Sony Company paid for the majority of everything that went into the making of the game. In fact, it’s the reason why the game is so high quality. 

In an interview, one of the directors mentioned that when they had an idea that would cost more, Sony just gave them the money they needed.  

It’s one of the fastest selling games since the release of Call of Duty WWll, and if you can’t get enough of it, Insomniac is working on implementing a new Game Plus mode where the player will get to play through the story mode once more with a stronger Spider-Man and even more powerful enemies. 

The game takes about 20-30 hours to complete, depending on how many quests or missions you do, and includes 28 suits that you can acquire with more to come after the update.  

You’ll easily get lost webslinging your way through New York City, beating up small time pushers and classic Spider-Man baddies. The controls are nice and easy to pick up; moving and flighting as Spider-Man feels fluid and natural, especially the more you play.  

You can buy the standard digital or disc copy for $59.99, a deluxe edition for $79.99, or a Collector’s Edition which includes: full game, custom steelbook, White Spider Sticker, a mini artbook, a Collector’s Edition Marvel’s Spider-Man statue, and Marvel’s Spider-Man: The City that Never Sleeps, which consists of three post launch story chapters featuring new missions and characters.  This edition runs around $149.99. Users will receive DLC, downloadable content, by March 2019. No matter what package you buy, the graphics are great on all versions, locked at 30fps, frames per second. 

A new Limited Edition PS4 Pro Bundle will be available soon that includes a red console with the Spider-Man design and a matching controller.  

Go webcrawl your way to pick up a copy today.  

About the Writer
Chloe Grimm, Entertainment Editor
Chloe is a junior and beginning her second year on staff. She enjoys anything Harry Styles and talking about TV shows that she’s just getting into, but people have already binged watch. Netflix is her life. If she says she’s busy, she’s lying and actually watching Greys Anatomy for the 10th time.