• Boys Varsity Soccer Game @ 5:30

• Girls JV Tennis Match @ 4:00

• Boys JV Soccer Game @ 3:30

RESTAURANT REVIEW: How Good is The Good Life?

The Good Life, a family-friendly sports bar and grill located on 180th, is a great place for casual dining and delicious food.

The+Good+Life+is+located+in+Omaha+at+1203+S+108th+St.+It+opens+everyday+from+11am+to+2am.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

The Good Life is located in Omaha at 1203 S 108th St. It opens everyday from 11am to 2am.

Kaylen Maltais, PLPulse Editor-in-Chief

Perhaps, as of late, sports bars have earned a bad rap, what with the whole ‘dudebro’ stereotype and all its drunken glory being associated with the patronage of these establishments, but maybe in our haste to condemn their exaggerated movie portrayals, we were too quick to judge their true character. Maybe we saw the TV-laden walls, the game-day finger food and the full-service bar and mistook them for what they really were: a casual oasis where one can simply indulge in the…well, simple.  

The Good Life, a restaurant advertised as an “easygoing sports bar with pub grub and TVs,” has various locations throughout the metro; however, it is the Omaha location on 180th that has earned the chain a sparkling 4.3 stars from Google Reviews and much acclaim from its frequent customers. 

Recently, I had the fortune to occupy one of their many high-top tables and see for myself just how good The Good Life really is.  

Walking in, I was a bit intimidated by the sheer number of people stuffed into the black leather chairs, but the noise and bustle eventually made for the backdrop of a charming, family-friendly atmosphere, which admittedly was surprising for such a place, but the many clusters of laughing families beg to differ.   

The open seating style at first proved difficult to find an unoccupied spot, and the tables themselves favored larger parties, but with a keen eye, we were able to snag a table with a great view of the game (on all seven TVs in our general vicinity) and the blazing fire pit just outside the bay windows. 

The menu, of course, includes time and true staples such as wings, cheese curds, nachos and what seemed to be every type of fry imaginable, but the menu also included healthier and more filling options like chicken and salmon salads, wraps and sandwiches. For those craving grease, the kitchen also provides signature Angus Beef burgers, pizza, and their renowned mac & cheese.  

I opted for classic sports bar grub and enjoyed a plate of the biggest BBQ boneless wings I think I have ever seen. My dad, ever practical and picky, chose the chicken wrap, and by the swiftness of which he utterly demolished it, I assume he was a fan.  

Not only was the food plentiful and delicious, but the waitstaff was incredibly attentive and sweet. At one point, I dropped my fork on the floor, and before I could wave her over, our waitress was at my side with fresh cutlery and a charming quip. How she heard the soft ting of my fork hitting the floor over all the racket is beyond me; I probably would have pondered it further, but I had my own dish to demolish. 

My night at The Good Life was definitely an enjoyable one. The crowd and the atmosphere was more than welcoming, which, sure, it was crowded, but for good reason. The food was varied and far exceeded my expectations; not to mention, it was very affordable, and the waitstaff was not only efficient, but I’m also pretty sure they possessed some super-human hearing. That in of itself is a worthy of their 4.3 stars. Maybe more. 

The Good Life was a great place to kick back and enjoy quality company and food. I think with places like this around, seedy sports bars that we see in the movies will finally stay in the movies, leaving the rest to… live The Good Life. 

About the Writer
Kaylen Maltais, PLPulse Assistant Editor-In-Chief

Kaylen is a junior on staff for her second year. She enjoys lounging around reading cheesy romance novels, and hopes to, one day, own a chestnut colored...