Online V.S. In Person School

Tests, studying, homework, and going to class are some things that remind you of school, but it might look a little different this year. 

This year, school for everyone has taken a turn from this pandemic that is occuring in the world right now. Many students have been given the choice to do online remote learning or to do traditional school and actually go to school.

There are many struggles that students have to go through and deal with online and coming to school.

Online school has changed compared to last year when the pandemic had arrived and we had switched to online. 

“This year we are given more opportunities for kids to make the choice to stay home or not,”sophomore Jaylin Brown said. 

There are a lot of changes that many people are still trying to get used to and wearing masks is definitely one of them.

Another student shared their opinion on how school has changed.

“Normal school has changed because we have to wear a mask, some classes get released early and there  are a lot more people gone because of quarantine,” sophomore Cassie Albino said. 

Many students are online or remote this year and not many take into account others’ skill level. 

“I don’t like it I can’t learn from online I need to be taught these things,” Brown said.

The people doing remote and in person schooling say that it’s easier online for some things and it’s harder for other things.

“Some things are harder and some things are easier,” Albino said.

Most struggles for remote learners is that the worst thing is sitting and having to look at a screen all day. 

“The constant migraines I get from staring at my screen for hours,” Brown said.

Many students just want to be at school for one thing and it’s not because learning. 

“I like being able to see my friends that I don’t normally see, I dislike getting up early to go to school i much rather sleep in,” Albino said. 

Which is how numerous students happen to feel especially during times like these. 

There are things that a lot of people wish were reality as if they had a chance to change something about online or in person school. 

“I would change the amount of homework we get and I would also change the lunch times,” Albino said. 

Some things that the online remote learning community sees is that they would rather have it like the online learning was last year. 

“I want online to be like last year where we got sent the homework and were given a deadline instead of this year how we have to be on zoom for hours on end,” Brown said. 

With the amount of hard work and dedication that these students put towards their school work, imagine how hard they will get in college and how much faster and how much more they could learn. PLHS has given students the opportunity to decide which learning would be best for them and which would keep them safer. These students online  and in person will continue to further their education no matter the circumstances.