• Show Choir Competes UNL Saturday 1/12

• Welcome Back! Color of Hope Pep Rally @ 11:15!

A Sweet Gesture

DECA delivers Candy Grams to students on Tuesday, Dec. 13th.

DECA+members+deliver+Candy+Grams+to+PLHS+students.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

A Sweet Gesture

DECA members deliver Candy Grams to PLHS students.

Chloe Grimm

Chloe Grimm

Chloe Grimm

Chloe Grimm, Scepter Staff

You better watch out, you better not cry, better not pout, I’m telling you why, Santa Claus is coming to P-Town with your candy grams.

All students know that dead week can be quite stressful as their lives become jampacked with study guides and crumpled notes they forgot they had from first quarter.

Anything that could brighten their hard week of studying is needed, which is anything from coffee to a ten minute nap.

For four years, DECA, a club lead by marketing teacher Mrs. Mary Janssen, has been selling Candy Grams at King’s Corner for students to give their friends a sweet holiday surprise.

DECA is an association for marketing and business students. The funds raised from the Candy Grams go to their program.

“The money raised each year that we’ve done this varies from year to year, but about 150 students buy them,” Janssen said.

There were two choices: for a dollar you could buy a candy cane and attach a note, or for five dollars get a bear, a piece of candy and a note.

The great thing about the candy grams is that it wasn’t designated for just couples; friends were able to buy them for each other to raise their spirits during the rigorous week before finals.

“It’s really nice receiving one, it’s just a really nice gesture,” sophomore Noelle Chestnut said. “Me and my friend bought each other one and it definitely got me out of my dead week funk receiving mine.”

DECA plans on doing this for years to come, so if you want to do something sweet for your friend, Candy Grams would be the easiest way to brighten their December before the new year.