• Congratulations, Class of 2019!

Logging On to Something New

Staff members and students alike are beginning the school year learning to navigate a new blog system, Canvas.

Mr.+Gray+begins+class+showing+his+class+the+calendar+for+the+week.+Students+are+able+to+think+ahead+and+know+what+is+upcoming+week+by+week.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Logging On to Something New

Mr. Gray begins class showing his class the calendar for the week. Students are able to think ahead and know what is upcoming week by week.

Delani Watkins, Copy Editor

A new school year always comes with new things; new supplies, new teachers, and new students. This year, each staff member and student are adding another new thing to their list, new blogs.

After constant battles with crashing websites, administration decided it was time for a change. The new program, Canvas, is a modern site that claims to be user-friendly and reliable.

Science teacher Mr. Shawn Gray has always used the blogging system that the district provides.

“Canvas is awesome, it has more options and flexibility than the old blogs,” Gray said. “But people are still getting used to it.”

Math teacher Mrs. Stacie Bender uses her own website that she pays for.

“I like using my own website because I have more freedom in making it look exactly like I want, but it also is a negative thing because it doesn’t look like the blogs from the rest of the building,” Bender said.

Both Gray and Bender frequently integrate technology into their class rooms. Bender’s website even has the ability to sync to student’s phone calendar.

Regardless of blog formatting, the purpose of the staff blogs is to assist students in their learning experience, and Canvas provides many opportunities to do so.

About the Writer
Delani Watkins, Scepter Editor-in-Chief

Delani Watkins is a third year staff member. This is her first year serving as the Editor-in-Chief of the Scepter. In her free time Delani loves to spend...