The Greatest Showman Review

The Greatest Showman stars Hugh Jackman, Zac Efron, Zendaya, Michelle Williams, and many more.

P.T. Barnum stands in his arena

P.T. Barnum stands in his arena

P.T. Barnum stands in his arena

Dakota Kelley, Staff Designer

The Greatest Showman is an interesting and music-filled adventure following the struggles and triumphs of P.T. Barnum, portrayed by Hugh Jackman. This film shows how a man coming from nothing can create a show that is loved worldwide.

Now, as I watched this movie I immediately was struck by the cast’s musical abilities. It’s been a while since I have been thoroughly impressed by the songs in a movie.  

The plot to this movie is a little predictable in some moments, but besides that, it is an entertaining plot that keeps you interested even if it is a bit cliché. The only gripe I have with the plot is when P.T. comes home to see his wife, Charity Barnum, portrayed by Michelle Williams, and she finds out that he kissed another woman; I wish they would elaborate on the reasoning behind it not just Charity’s reaction.  

I think the best part about this movie is the music that was created for it. Justin Paul and Benj Pasek wrote the all of the songs featured in the movie and they obviously have talent in songwriting because they did a stellar job on this soundtrack.

One of the reasons The Greatest Showman is so appealing, besides having Hugh Jackman and Zac Efron in leading roles, is because the whole “carny making it big from nothing” is a great plot and is entertaining.  

“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” – P.T. Barnum

Should people go out and see The Greatest Showman? In my opinion, yes, they should. I’d say go and see it with your buddies or bring a date and enjoy yourself. Even if you don’t particularly like musicals, it’s still enjoyable for the average Joe.  

Overall, The Greatest Showman is an amazing film. Even with a few plot holes here and there, it’s still entertaining. I would suggest choosing it as your next flick to enjoy. 

Leave a Comment intends for this area to be used to foster to comment on stories, videos, audio recordings, etc. Comments are expected to adhere to Papillion La Vista High School standards and are to be respectful and constructive. We do not permit the use of profanity, personal attacks, etc. Comments are viewed by site administration to ensure these standards are met. Comments not meeting these standards will not be approved for public view on the website.

• The Greatest Showman Review

A Proposal to End Prom Proposals

• The Greatest Showman Review

Dow Jones Decreases

• The Greatest Showman Review

Sports Podcasts

PL Sports Podcast (In Between Seasons)

• The Greatest Showman Review

Papillion La Vista Trap Team

• The Greatest Showman Review

Monarch Feature: Mrs. Penny Selders

The Greatest Showman Review