• May 18PLPulse.com is out for the summer, check back in the fall for the same, great content!

Home is Where the Heart is

Junior Sophie House describes the benefits of moving frequently throughout her childhood.

Pictured above is the island of Crete, junior Sophie House's favorite place she's lived.

www.discovergreece.com

www.discovergreece.com

Alyssa Foral, News Editor

Some of the students in our school walk through the halls and see the kids they’ve known since elementary school, and some of them are still friends with their best friend since 2nd grade.

However, with Offutt Air Force Base right up the road, we have a large military community, with kids who have lived all over the United States, and the world.  

Junior Sophie House has been moving her entire life and has lived in places like Cedarwood, Indiana and as far away as Lakenheath, England.  

“My favorite place by far was Crete because it was an island with good weather all year and kind people,” House said.  

She found the value in moving around and hates to stay in one place at a time.  

Moving became second nature for House and opened her eyes to how people are perceived in different cultures versus how they are.   

“I believe the world would be a better place if everyone got to experience it, not as a tourist, but as a resident,” House said. “You become invested in communities; you find ways to communicate without words; you find that people are similar to yourself, and ultimately there are good kind people everywhere.” 

House hopes to spread her experience and wishes it was something everyone could see.  

“I hope everyone is brave enough to take on the challenges and break down the silly barriers that divide us as humans,” House said.  

Home is where the heart is, and when your home has been spread across the world, you find your heart is open to so many more opportunities to meet extraordinary people and see incredible things.