• Show Choir Competition on Saturday @ Ralston High School

• Boys Varsity Basketball Game @ 6:00 on Friday (Omaha South HS)

• Girls Varsity Basketball Game @ 4:30 on Friday (Omaha South HS)

Kyler’s Fantasy Focus Week 8

In depth descriptions of three players who you should definitely sit or start on your fantasy team this week.

Back to Article
Back to Article

Kyler’s Fantasy Focus Week 8

Kyler Choquette, Staff Writer

Starts 

. Phillip Lindsay- Phillip has been a consistent flex player throughout the season but with his fellow rookie back Royce Freeman out this weekend Lindsay should expect to see a heavy workload in the run and pass game against a horrific Chiefs Defense. 

. Marlon Mack- After a terrific performance last week in his return from injury Marlon Mack provided the Colts the ground game they needed, they will continue to use him as a work horse. 

. Cooper Kupp- Kupp went on a tear before sustaining an injury against the Broncos in week 6, now fully healthy there is no reason he should not be able to score points facing a young and week Packers secondary. 

Sits 

. Saquon Barkley- You might think it’d be crazy to bench the likely OROY who is the #2 ranked fantasy back overall but, he is facing the #1 ranked redskins defense and the giants rank dead last in carries per game, Barkley gets many points from receiving. Combine that with struggling Eli Manning in a tough matchup there is not a high chance of success for the rookie. 

. JuJu Smith-Schuster- After a strong start to the season Schuster has loss points to his all-pro teammate Antonio Brown. The Browns have a sneaky good defense this season and an excellent secondary headed by DROY candidate Denzel Ward, do not start him. 

. Carlos Hyde- Hyde could not manage to put up points in a browns offense that runs the ball very well. He will not be able to produce right away in Jacksonville where he has a new playbook to learn and a horrible quarterback situation. A lack of passing game and Hyde’s abysmal 3.4 yards per carry mark will not cut it.