Moving Forward

PLHS Student Cael Hospodka shares some of his thoughts on Metro programs having Triple early release.

Moving+Forward

Senior Cael Hospodka like many students at Monarch High participates in the Metro programs that is only available to them as a high school senior. Although some classes are little tougher there is some perks that involve having triple early release. 

This is Hospodka’s first year being involved in Metro programs and he decided to be involved in the film academy. This program is only available at the Metro campus in Elkhorn, which he is looking forward to starting on something that he enjoys. 

“I need to gain some more knowledge on the subject,” Hospodka said.  

Although having triple early release for the first few weeks is a great addition to have, there is drawback to participating within the Metro programs. 

“On Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday we get out at 4:30 p.m.,” Hospodka said.  

Rather than being in class and being stressed out by more homework and tests, Hospodka has lot more time on his hands for things that he wants to do in his spare time.  

“I get home and I make myself lunch then I relax and watch some movies and YouTube,” Hospodka said. 

Some other perks of being involved in Metro classes is having no school on Fridays every week. So even though the triple early release comes to an end, the students still get an early jump into the weekend as on their education.

These students are learning on how to get a degree on time and while they are in high school.