Discover Your Passion

Join a club to gain experience and make new friends.

Being a part of a club can be one of the most fulfilling things you can do in your life. Fortunately, here at Monarchs, we have a variety of clubs that can meet anyone’s interests. Ranging from ITS to DECA, we have it all.

Whether you’re a freshman, senior or anything in between you are still welcome and encouraged to partake in a club.

“It doesn’t matter if you’re not joining it freshman year like if you’re getting into it a little late it’s not a big deal,” ITS member Wyatt Kirk said.

Clubs are a great and easy way to break out of your comfort zone. You can meet new people, make new friends, or just hang out with people you’re already friends with.

“If you’re really shy it’s a really easy place to make friends because we do a lot of icebreaker activities,” SkillsUSA member Lucy Mohr said.

Creative outlets can be hard to find due to many costing money, which can be a struggle for families that can’t drop money for non-necessities. However, a free option is available. That option is joining a club such as ITS or Dungeons and Dragons (DnD).

“It’s like a larger-than-life type of world,” DnD member Kira Clegg said. “That you can’t really experience elsewhere.”

When you are in a club you can be taught a variety of things. A club can leave you more informed on topics that you’ve never known anything about.

“It teaches you a lot of stuff, especially like real-world problems,” DECA member Armando Oviedo said. “It’s a lot of real-world experience that you don’t really get from other clubs.”

Clubs are some of the best activities to participate in and can be rewarding for a person. Although the school year is almost over, there is always next year. For incoming students and returning students, I encourage you to join a club or activity, in the long run, it will be worth it.