Bathroom Policy

Bathroom+Policy
Bella Knowles

First day of school, getting to know classmates, reading over syllabus, tryouts for sports, new tardy policies, new bathroom policies. It can be a struggle adjusting to the new school year, with all the new expectations.
Throughout this school year at PLHS, there have been lots of new policies. This includes the new bathroom policy.
Two students, freshman Carly Peterson and sophomore Isabel O’Leary, adjusted to the new bathroom policy well.
“I usually go around the 5th hour after lunch because I have more time and my teachers let me.” Peterson said.
For students, it can be hard to adjust to a new policy at school, when they are used to something different.
“Last year, it felt like the teachers were more lenient.” O’Leary said. “I don’t want to get in trouble for accidentally going to the wrong bathroom.”
Although, it can be nice having a new policy, in such a crowded school with so many people.
“I feel like it is good the bathrooms are way less crowded, and people take less time in the bathroom.” Peterson said.
The phone policy, the tardy policy, stressing about whether you are able to go to homecoming or not. New rules and policies come and go, most students can agree rules are good for the school.
“I don’t think the policy is hurting anyone, I think it helps people get their work done,” Peterson said.
Changes to school can affect some students, and sometimes a student doesn’t even notice a big change.
“It hasn’t affected me much, it just has changed some bathrooms I would normally use.” O’Leary said.
Although changes, and new rules are hard, everyone has to deal with them. Students can find different ways to adjust to them, and still be successful. There are pros and cons to everything, and students can always find the positive in the negative.