The Perfect Score

Senior Josh McKulsky bowls a perfect game and gets to shave coach Mr. Evan Horak’s head.
Senior+Josh+McKulsky+shaves+coach+Horaks+head.+
Courtesy Mr. Ryan
Senior Josh McKulsky shaves coach Horak’s head.

For senior Josh McKulsky, the unimaginable happened on Dec. 11. He beat the odds of 11,500 to 1 and had a perfect game of 300 at bowling practice. Luckily, bowling coach Mr. Evan Horak made a bet with his team: if anyone bowled a perfect game in practice or tournament, they could shave his head. So, McKulsky got to do just that. 

“It was a spur of the moment thing,” Horak said. “It was like a year and a half ago, I just told somebody if they got a 300 they could [shave my head] and they never forgot about it.” 

For the Papillion-La Vista Bowling team, this is the first time this season that a teammate has rolled a perfect game. This came as a big achievement for not only McKulsky but his team as well. 

“It was pretty crazy, everyone cheering, and I didn’t know I would ever be able to do that,” McKulsky said. 

McKulsky got to shave coach Horak’s head on Dec. 12 before school. It was an exciting and fun moment that the team got to share. 

“My girlfriend is not happy about this with family pictures in two weeks,” Horak said. 

With the season starting off with high hopes, the Monarch Bowling team strives to bring this good luck and work into their future tournaments.