Hidden Behind The Man

With Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce starting a relationship many football fans are downgrading and criticizing Swift.
Hidden Behind The Man

Taylor Swift this Taylor Swift that, that’s all anyone is talking about these days. Football fans are annoyed with how much screen time Swift is getting during the Kansas City Chiefs games. While Swifties (Fans of Swift) are tuning in just to see if she’s there supporting her significant other, Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce. 

With the football fans annoyed about her screen time they are criticizing Swift for being there and supporting the man she loves. Not understanding what is truly going on, little girls who are watching the game with these fans are seeing Swift portrayed as a villain and shown as someone who needs to stay out of the men’s spotlight. 

With many young women looking up to Swift, they are hearing things about Swift that make her seem like an attention seeker rather than a good role model. Swift is always in a suite with Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes wife, Brittney Mahomes. Although with Swift always with Mahomes the criticism is only being placed on Swift for stealing away the spotlight. These football fans are making young women feel as though they are less than everyone, and need to stay behind the powerful men who are seen as better than them. 

When Kelce comes and supports her during her tour whenever he gets the chance to, no one criticizes him for coming and showing his support; it’s actually quite the opposite. They talk about how great of a boyfriend he is and how much he loves her, as well as how great he treats her. Since Kelce and Swift are dating this leads to many news reports and paparazzi everywhere picking up on everything they are doing and saying, while this might be different for Kelce, Swift has been in this position many times. 

Swift has been in many relationships with famous people and has been hidden behind the men in all of them. Her achievements have been overlooked by dating these more famous people. Many look at her as a man’s prized possession instead of a role model for young women and a singer with many accomplishments. Some see Swift as an attention seeker when in reality she is just supporting the man she loves and the attention is just directed at her because of how popular she is. Swift has been criticized for things out of her control and has been removed from the spotlight in all her relationships. She gets looked down upon by many but she needs to start getting looked up to for how powerful she is in an industry run by men.