Good Morning Monarchs

Students at PLHS guide us through their every day morning routines.
Courtesy- Reagan Jorczak
Student Reagan Jorczak’s go to breakfast in the morning.

There isn’t a right or wrong way to start off the morning. Everyone does it a little differently whether it’s starting off the day with breakfast or getting ready right away. No matter what it is, it’s important to have a routine in the morning to help maintain healthy habits.

Depending on how fast it takes to get ready and how far away someone lives can determine what time to wake up in the morning. There are the people that can wake up at 6:00am and then there are the people that wake up at 7:15am.

“I wake up at 6:30am every day because I live far away and I have to drop off my brother at the middle school,” sophomore Reagan Jorczak said.

For those who eat breakfast in the morning, there are tons of options to choose from. There are the quick options: toast, cereal, or fruit. Then, there is also: pancakes, waffles, eggs and bacon. For Jorczak, she likes to keep it simple and have the same meal every morning.

“For breakfast I have bananas and toast every morning,” Jorczak said.

On the other hand, sophomore Ciara Poitier likes a little diversity in her meals.

“I switch up what I have every day for breakfast depending on what I have at my house,” Poitier said.

A big part of getting ready in the morning is skin care. Skin care can include moisturizing, washing your face daily, and exfoliating.

“I wash my face every morning and then moisturize,” Poitier said.

Another huge factor to getting ready is picking out an outfit. Picking out an outfit can be the hardest part of getting ready so sometimes it can be helpful to plan ahead.

“I usually pick out my outfit the day before,” Jorczak said. “When I don’t, I feel rushed in the morning and don’t know what to wear.”

Having a routine is beneficial for everyone and can help students be prepared for the day.

“When I don’t do my morning routine I don’t feel ready and productive,” Jorczak said. “It sets me up to have a lazy day.”