Elementary Walk

Seniors return to their elementary schools for one final walk.
The seniors get ready to walk through G. Stanley hall school for the elementary walk.

As graduation gets closer, the district puts on an elementary walk for the PLCS seniors to take a look back and reminisce on their roots of education and memories. 

The seniors have the opportunity to go see the teachers that were there when they went to that elementary school.

Going back to your elementary school brings back all the emotions and memories that they got to create there.

“I decided to do the elementary walk because it was a great opportunity to say thank you to all of my great elementary teachers, ” senior Isabella Promes said.

When coming back to the elementary school they grew up in, you think about what that elementary school did to help you succeed and become the best person you can be.

“The most impactful thing was my teachers during my time there as they all helped me grow and become the person I am today, said Senior Kaci Gindlesperger. ”They are a big part of the reason why I am going to college and have accomplished so much during high school.”

When you finished walking down the hallway, they see all the teachers and make it an experience that you do not want to leave behind.

“It was bitter-sweet to go back to Portal. I was really excited to go back and see my favorite teachers, but it was also really sad to say goodbye,” Promes said.

After they say all the goodbyes to your teachers and remember all the memories, you want to go back and tell your teachers the same memories.

“My best memory from the walk was definitely seeing my 3rd grade teacher. I’ve been in communication with her since elementary and it was great to see her in person again,” Promes said.

Saying goodbyes can be hard because you do not want to leave everything behind, but at least the students got to experience going back to their old elementary school to say their last goodbyes.