• Boys Varsity Soccer Game @ 5:30

• Girls JV Tennis Match @ 4:00

• Boys JV Soccer Game @ 3:30

New Leadership

Mr. Tim Williams will take over head coach responsibilities next football season. 

Back to Article
Back to Article

New Leadership

Coach Williams commands the field as the ultimate team leader of Waverly High School's football team. Next year, he will bring his leadership to PLHS.

Delani Watkins, Scepter Editor-in-Chief

The Monarch football team will be under new leadership in the 2019-2020 season. 

After former football coach Mr. Randy Huebert announced his departure, a search for a new head football coach began.  

Athletic Director Mr. Jason Ryan and the administrative team advertised the open position for two weeks. After receiving 23 applications and interviewing six candidates, Ryan and the administrative team discussed each candidate, but decided on Mr. Tim Williams. Williams was the head football coach at Waverly High School for the past five years and led the Waverly Vikings to four appearances in the playoffs.  

“It was a unanimous decision,” Ryan said. “Everyone felt he stood out and would be a good fit in the building.”   

Williams is looking forward to being a part of the long standing tradition of Monarch athletics. 

“I want to continue to bring a culture that will be full of integrity and class,” Williams said. “I want to bring a thirst for a family atmosphere where the athletes will have each others’ backs.” 

With his positive, motivated attitude, Williams and the coaching staff are looking to excel in the upcoming seasons.  

About the Writer
Delani Watkins, Scepter Editor-in-Chief

Delani Watkins is a third year staff member. This is her first year serving as the Editor-in-Chief of the Scepter. In her free time Delani loves to spend...