Lina’s Mexican Restaurant offers tasty food, exceptional value

Lina’s has provided great food at a low cost for years now and students have taken notice.

Kyler Choquette

Junior Brendon Briggs- the self proclaimed “ambassador” of Lina’s Mexican Restaurant

With a humble (according to the United States Census) 19,539 citizens Papillion is not the biggest of towns. Less big-name companies but more local businesses have instilled themselves into Papio after many years. Papio Fun Park, Papillion Flower Patch, Papio Bowl, Kajamas, Mings, and Papio Bay could all be considered institutions near and dear to the hearts of many after years of serving their customers. However, there is one Papio restaurant all students at Papillion-La Vista seem to love, Lina’s.

The Mexican restaurant has three locations all in the Omaha metro area and each one has provided authentic, cheap, and delicious food for years.

“My dad first introduced me to the restaurant and I have been going ever since,” junior Brendon Briggs said.

Because the food is so good and the restaurant is just a mile north of Papillion-La Vista High School, it is quite common to run into other students after school.

“It seems every time I go someone else is there too,” junior Tyler Mckamy said.

The high number of students who go to Lina’s has formed traditions among groups that create a sense of community and comradery.

“I would always go watch the J.V. football game in the mornings with Lina’s,” junior Joe Bianchi said. “The seniors invite you to come up so it can be a really fun experience.”

Lina’s provides authentic, convenient, and cheap Mexican food that doesn’t sacrifice taste, so it is no wonder why students keep coming back.

“I get the pork carnitas burrito every time,” Mckamy said. “It is the best thing they have and it’s a very large portion.”

Lina’s might be the perfect restaurant for anyone in the Papillion area looking for great food at a great price. If you want to see what everyone is taco-ing-about, stop by at 8420 Brentwood Drive for great food at a great price.