Getting Back In Routine

PLHS students face some struggles after coming back from Thanksgiving break, with the new stresses of finals week.

Sara Badura

PLHS Spanish two students participating in a class activity.

Six days of minimal stress, fun, and giving thanks is not long enough for many PLHS students. Coming back to school from Thanksgiving break can be a difficult and draining process for students, as the stress of finals week and finalizing grades is settling in. 

Turning in assignments, final projects, and the infamous end of the year exam all tend to induce mass amounts of stress and anxiety for students. The three weeks before Holiday break can be for some, their least productive time of the year.

“I think that it ties everything in a bigger sense because of finals,” sophomore Orion Moore said. “So I think if not more.”

With the excitement of having a long, fun-filled break coming up, many students have teachers that are introducing brand new units even though it is so close to the end of the school year.

“All of this week I have had lots of homework in every single class,” Moore said. “I don’t have time for anything.”

With many students already stressing about the final exams, many think that their studying and preparing for the exam should begin soon.

“It’s only worth ten percent of my grade,” Moore said. “So as long as I put in the work for it, I should be fine.”

Additionally, with new topics just now being introduced, some feel that the new units are taking up some of their precious review time.

“It’s just taking away study time that we could use to incorporate all of the units together,” Moore said.

Many students are looking forward to their Holiday break, but are facing the realities of the workload that comes with the end of the semester. With many stressed out students, a couple weeks of relaxing will be much needed, after the final exams.