A Night to Remember

Students attend the first normal prom in two years.

Students at prom dance and enjoy themselves at the Beardmore Event Center.

After two years without one of high school’s most anticipated events, a normal prom finally returned to PLHS.

The dance took place at the Beardmore Event Center on April 23rd with the theme of the “Enchanted Garden.” Students were eager to have this traditional experience after its long absence.

“I was beyond excited to find out we were actually getting a normal prom,” senior Karli Ahlers said. “Last year’s prom was different due to COVID, so this year, getting able to dance and not worry about anything was a relief.”

A big part of this event is the preparation that goes into it before the actual dance.

Ahlers started off by getting her nails done the week of prom. The day of the dance she got her hair and makeup done and was soon ready to spend the night with her friends.

At prom, students were able to socialize with each other, wearing their formal attire and danced to the music.

“[Prom] was an amazing time,” senior Aiden Bakke said. “I was able to dress up and be myself and see all of my friends”

Bakke’s prom experience was a little different from other students as he was crowned prom king for that night.

“My face was in shock as I hadn’t realized I had won,” Bakke said. “The feeling was absolutely amazing and not much can top that feeling of hearing all my friends cheering for me.”

The return of prom was an exciting event for PLHS students and this tradition is here to stay for many years to come.